Today the HES is responsible for the government’s health communication programs and also sets standards for health promotion programs and products in the country.
To date we have promoted health messages and mobilized communities using mass media channels and other social mobilization techniques. HES staff take the lead in:
- Campaigns such as introduction of new vaccines Rota virus vaccine, Human Papilloma Virus vaccine, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision, mass distribution of Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets., Immunization campaign, safe motherhood and prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV and Moyo ndi Mpamba Health Campaign.
- National print materials production video programming and community mobilization through mobile video units immunization, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision, Counseling and Testing, Family Planning , Water and Sanitation and Malaria.
- Production of Ministry of Health radio programs targeting Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health, and Tuberculosis (TB), Malaria, HIV and AIDS, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) Water and Sanitation Hygiene.
- Production and dissemination of health publications such as the quarterly Moyo Magazine, one of the core publications for the Ministry of Health that promotes policy awareness and emerging issues for the ministry
- Social media such as facebook and frontline/ Prompt SMS
- Community mobilization through the Community Action Cycle (CAC) of encouraging communities to come together to break barriers that hinder them from utilizing or accessing health services.
- Enter-Educate through community drama and the Health Education band performances.